- 1 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
- ½ tbsp orange zest
- pinch kosher salt
- 4 5 oz skinless, center-cut salmon fillets
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
I also did just 1 big Salmon steak on the BBQ instead of the 4 individual ones in the oven.
1. Position a rack in the centre of the oven and heat the oven to 400˚F. In a small bowl, combine the shallot, vinegar, lemon juice and zest, orange juice and zest and the salt. Let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, season the salmon with salt, pit it on an oiled rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle a thin stream of oil on top. Bake until it's done to your liking, about 6 minutes for medium, 8 minutes for medium well, keeping in mind that it will continue to cook after it comes out of the oven.
3. Whisk 1/4 cup of the oil into the shallot mixture, taste and adjust the seasoning with a drop of vinegar if necessary. Transfer the salmon to four dinner plates, spoon about 2 Tbsp of the vinaigrette onto each portion, sprinkle the dill on top and serve.