- 2 tbps sunflower or olive oil
- 3 cups diced onion
- 3 leeks, chopped and rinsed
- 1 tbps garlic, crushed
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cauliflower head, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbps fresh dill (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 cup olives, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, swiss, feta or gouda, grated
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or rice, bulgur or combination
1. In a large saucepan sauté onions, leeks and garlic in oil. Add cauliflower stir and cover - allow to steam for 5 minutes.
2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add other ingredients and stir.
3. Press into lightly oiled 9x13 pan. Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
4. Top with a bit of paprika if desired
5. Note: I have made this with feta cheese and red quinoa - delicious! To save some time, you can buy chopped kalamata olives in a jar (Sardo is the name brand) and they actually taste really good.