- 3 tbps smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbps peanut or canola oil
- 2 tbps oyster sauce
- 2 tbps soy sauce
- 2 tbps rice vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest, freshly grated
- 2 tbps orange juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 tbps dark sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- ¼ tsp hot chili oil
- ¼ tsp gound black pepper
- ½ pound udon noodles or spaghetti, (should be a flat thicker type of noodle)
- 12 green onion, white and light green parts only
- 2 tbps cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup dry roasted, unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
1. Dressing: In a large bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients until smooth [this may take up to a minute]. I used a re-sealable jar and shook it for around a minute.
2. Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water until tender. Drain in a colander, and then add to the dressing while still warm. Toss lightly.
3. Lightly brush or spray the green onions with oil and grill over Direct Medium heat until well marked and tender, 2 to 3 minutes, turning once. Cut them crosswise into 1-inch sections and add them to the noodles. Add the cilantro and about half the peanuts. Mix well.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle more of the peanuts on top reserving some for guests to add to their own serving if desired.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.