- 1 lb garlic sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 ⅓ cups long-grain rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
This Spanish rice dish uses garlic sausage, but you can use chorizo, Italian or other zesty sausage.
1. Slice sausage into 1-inch (2.5cm) pieces. In Dutch oven, brown sausage over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess fat.
2. Add onion, garlic, Cajun seasoning and pepper; cook over medium heat until onion is softened, about 4 minutes.
3. Add carrot, red pepper, stock and 1 cup (250 mL) water; bring to boil, stirring. Add rice; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
4. Work with fork, stir in peas; heat until hot. Garnish with parsley.