- 2 8 bone racks of lamb, "frenched", about 4 lbs (2 kg) total
- 1 tbsp cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tbps cumin, ground
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1 tbps paprika, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp tumeric, ground
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil, cold pressed
1. In a small glass bowl, combine all spice rub ingredients. Press the mixture evenly into the racks. Cover and marinate for 2 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Bring racks to room temperature before grilling. Sprinkle meat with salt just before cooking.
3. To cook racks: Preheat barbecue to 450˚F (230˚C). Cover bones with foil, to prevent charring. Turn off one side of grill and place lamb racks, meat side up, on the side opposite the flame, to cook indirectly. Close lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
4. I cooked it in the oven at 450˚C but had to watch the splatter from the fats.